League Tables
Next Selection
Blue's Picture Gallery
Details of Under 11's Football Tournament 25th May 2002 and how to enter.
EYJFL Floodlit Tournament
Child Protection and Club Policies and Rules etc.
Sponsors 2001-2002
Club Details
Club Forum
Football News

Latest News

Blues secure 4 points after 2 hard games

Chris Webb  Sunday, January 20, 2002  16:15 GMT

 Spartans 0 Bridlington Town Blue’s 0

Following the Christmas break the under 11’s league got underway again last Sunday with Spartans entertaining top of the league Brid Town Blue’s on a windswept pitch at Hildertorpe School.

The first half saw the Blue’s defending the goal downwind and with Spartans using the wind to their advantage the game was never going to be a classic.

The result was that the Blue’s defended well keeping the Spartans attack at bay with only a handful of chances to go forward themselves.

The second half was a repeat of the first only with Spartans defending their line and the Blue’s using the wind that was now behind them.

Full time ended 0-0 with credit going to both teams for dealing well with the elements.

Man of the match for the Blue’s Grant Dowson.

 Spartan Tigers 3 Bridlington Town Blue’s 4

In this second game of the day the wind had eased a little allowing both teams to play the kind of football that both sets of players are capable of.

The first 5 minutes was stalemate with both teams pushing forward only to find there opposite defence in outstanding form.

It was not until Nathan Cunningham rounded the Tigers keeper to put the Blue’s in front that any real chances had been taken.

Following the Blue’s opener the Tigers kept pushing forward and from one of the many corners levelled the game 1-1.

The game was finally balanced with both teams playing impressive football but with neither able to break down the others defence.

Following sustained pressure from the Blue’s James Webb picked up the ball in his own half and from 25 yards out let a shot go that rose above the Tigers defence to slot nicely into the top corner of the net.


Back came the Tigers and within minutes of Webb’s goal one of the Tigers mid-fielders took the ball in his own half and again shot from 25 yards out, action replay 2-2.

Back came the Blue’s and following a goalmouth scramble Webb was first to a loose ball to put the Blue’s back in front once again.


This time when going in front the Blue’s kept their composure and again pushed forward looking to increase their lead and following a Clarence by Rob Scott Danny Robson got the ball on the right and after beating two Tigers players fired a powerful low drive past the Tigers keeper.


Back came the Tigers again chasing forward and following some neat midfield play the Tigers attack again found the back of the Blue’s net.


The final few minutes were nail biting for both Coaches with the Blue’s hanging on to take the 3 points.

This was a game that was a pleasure to watch with both teams playing excellent football in far from ideal conditions.

Blue’s man of the match Joshua Job.



 Best with Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 and higher Copyright © 2002 modevo