League Tables
Next Selection
About Mini Soccer
New Players Wanted
About Our Club
Team Photo's
Club Details
Football News

Latest News

U10's in 8-1 win over Coppull

Lee Ormson  Sunday, February 10, 2002  14:35 GMT

Red Rose Juniors 8 - 1 Coppull Utd 'Red'

In what was a hastily arranged League fixture due to the original opposition unable to field a team due to illness, Red Rose took to the field in determined mood after rediscovering their good form in the last few games.

The team started off as they had finished the previous week and were a goal up within 5 minutes when S.Parker found space in the Coppull area to slot home his 1st League goal of the season.

With the wind behind them, Red Rose continued to push forward and were rewarded with a second goal shortly after when S.Parker poked the ball home after a scramble in the Coppull area. The score now 2-0.

Coppull tried to get back in the game straight away, but, with the Red Rose defence in excellent form, they found it difficult to find a way through. S.Gardner then came close with a shot that hit the side netting before the same player sent a great pass to J.Seaward who slotted home to make the score 3-0.

Half time came with no further goals scored.

Red Rose started the 2nd half in much the same as the first and soon added to their lead when 'left footed' D.O'Hara was sent clear before slotting the ball home with his right foot to make the score 4-0.

Coppull never gave up and with the wind now behind them, they began to put pressure on the Red Rose goal. The pressure soon paid off when they pulled a goal back to make the score 4-1.

Coppull very nearly pulled another goal back shortly after when their striker placed his shot just wide of the post. Red Rose now needed to keep their concentration to stop any further goals being conceded.

L.Dixon then picked the ball up on the right hand side before cutting in and letting loose with a fierce strike that the keeper couldn't hold to make the score 5-1. Red Rose were now on top of their game and when L.Dixon fired another shot at goal, D.O'Hara was there to mop up the rebound to score his 2nd of the match to make the score 6-1.

R.Watterson, J.Davies & C.Watson were all playing well in defence stopping any Coppull attacks. A free kick was then awarded to Red Rose just outside the area. Captain J.Davies hit a powerful strike that the keeper palmed away, the ball dropped to J.Seaward who met it with his head (despite his new hairstyle!!) and steered the ball superbly past the keeper to make the score 7-1.

The final word went to D.O'Hara who was first to another rebound after L.Dixon had hit a great strike that the keeper couldn't hold onto. The final score 8-1.

This was a very good performance by all the Red Rose team who passed the ball very well at times creating numerous chances. The defence especially were in excellent form meaning keeper M.McMahon had a quiet game.

Rather than singling out any one player, the Player of the Match award goes to 'The Team'. Well Done.



 Best with Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 and higher Copyright © 2002 modevo