League Tables
Next Selection
Fun Page
Time to follow the cursor!
Results Page
Remaining fixtures
Club Details
Club Forum
Football News

Latest News

Risborough Colts (10/03/2002)

Des Ife  Sunday, March 10, 2002  14:27 GMT

On Saturday the winds had been extremely strong with very powerful gusts but, fortunately they had died down to a slight breeze but were still gusty. The game took place in slight drizzle throughout but the pitch was in very good condition and fairly firm.

The game kicked off at 10.30am promptly and the first goal came after 13 minutes when Adeel Iqbal took the ball down the left wing, rounding defenders before crossing the ball inside for Jason Guy to run onto and score. Four minutes later Jason had another shot and although the keeper, Eddie Farrer, dived at it the ball rolled over his body and into the net. Twenty-two minutes into the game Jason scored his hat-trick when Dewayne Dublin went down the right wing and sent the ball across the goal-mouth for Jason to deflect it into the net. Two minutes later there was a delay whilst the ball was retrieved from the bushes on the embankment but Hithercroft quickly took the throw-in before Risborough organised their marking and Dewayne ran in to put Hithercroft 4-0 ahead. Jason was unlucky when, as Eddie came out of his goal to kick the ball clear, the ball went to Jason who attempted to lob the ball into the vacated net but struck it too firmly. Risborough then launched an attack and Kevin Ife got back to kick the ball away from goal but it ricocheted off an attacker who took the ball past him. However, Kevin turned and chased back to dispossess him before he could set up a shot. Richard Sunderland then took the ball down the right and off-loaded it to Jason who sent it on to Dewayne, but his powerful shot hit the left post and rebounded to the Risborough defense who successfully cleared it. Both sides had scoring opportunities in the remaining minutes of the half but were either off-target or denied by the keepers, both of whom were playing well.

In the second half Risborough came more into the game and there was more of the end-to-end play but neither team made full use of their chances. After 8 minutes a Hithercroft throw-in went to Jason, who took the ball on down the wing, then came infield and, on the turn, squeezed the ball just inside the right-hand post to put the home team 5-0 ahead. Two minutes later Dewayne, from near the goal-line but outside the 18-yard box, played a superb lofted ball over the keeper and it dropped into the left hand side of the net to increase Hithercroft’s lead. Risborough then went on the attack and, from a throw-in, Matt Wakefield gathered the ball and from outside the 18-yard box struck the ball over Phil’s head to open the scoring for the visitors. This was probably the ‘goal-of-the-match’. On 28 minutes of this half Jason again took the ball down the left wing and hit the ball across goal where Kevin and Dewayne had burst through the defense. With Eddie on his goal-line and two players advancing he had little chance and Kevin volleyed the ball with his left foot into the net to score the final goal of the game. The result was 7-1 to the home side and this was down to the fact that Hithercroft had a little more commitment and converted more of their chances than Risborough.

Risborough’s scorer was Matt Wakefield.

Hithercroft’s "Man of the Match" was Shahid Ahmed.

Hithercroft’s scorers were Jason Guy (4), Dewayne Dublin (2) and Kevin Ife.

 Best with Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 and higher Copyright © 2002 modevo